Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Gifting We Will Go

After thoroughly experiencing my feelings of frustration, I decided it was time to go shopping.

I ordered a scarf for one of the higher end gifts. I also ordered 10 spa sets for the caregivers. I will add some tenge (or dollars?) to the spa sets that way I feel like I have all bases covered (thanks Amy & Karen for letting me know that this is okay). I need a couple more $20 gifts, something for the driver, interpreter, and the judge.

These storage cups seem like they would be good for the driver. Do you think we should wait and buy him something there?

I may just order a bracelet and necklace from etsy for the other $20 gifts.

I know people say not to spend too much time on this, but it is hard not to!

No visits from FedEx today. I am a little frustrated with them because they changed their system and tracking is a pain in the butt!

Later: Okay - so I think I have ordered almost all the gifts. We may wait to buy a couple there (driver & some chocolates to add on to an existing gift). I ordered 3 bracelets and a pen/pencil set for the judge from www.etsy.com. Making some progress . . .

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Angela,
Sorry I have no clue what to tell you about the gifts. I am the go overboard kinda gal so I would just spend more money...

I also read your last blog... You know it does not take that long to get documents done... why do big companys like mortgage companies do that... UGH....

It will all fall into place in the end. Keep remembering that.

Tracy

Jennifer said...

I agree, it's so very hard not to spend a ton of time on gifts. Going the jewelry route is perfect.

I never heard of Etsy before. What cute stuff for reasonable prices!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Angela,
Buying gifts was difficult for us at first. Especially when you don't know the person. We had jewelry made by a friend of a friend - we saw her beautiful work. I know that we bought more than needed (I may get to keep some)! We also bought Virginia items, D.C. items and USA stuff. We made sure that everything was made in the USA.

When I was going over our gift list with my coordinator she said it was a no-no for LMI people to give gifts to a Judge. I didn't know that because we were looking at someone else's gift list. I would ask your coordinator if it's acceptable for you (may look like a bribe?).

Etsy has some cute things!! I've loved going on there from time to time.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

Great ideas. Again, we are taking notes. For the driver...no thoughts. Is a bottle of booze inappropriate here?
Heidi

Kim said...

Good for you! We didn't have to buy the judge a gift. We were told the judge was off limits. I love Etsy!

Susan said...

I am with you..I spent a lot of time and effort on gifts. Not only is it very important culturally, but it's very important to me!! These people are helping me bring my child home!!!! You can always buy things here. I brought a ton, and may find that i need even more, or the things i have don't work. I got very Florida ish things.
anything extra I will give to Tatiana anyway because I like her so much. :)

you'll be fine.
they have tons of things here to buy! we went to the world's largest flea market today. :)

I got jewrly for my big gifts..in fact, i wear the necklace i got for myself most days...if someoen doesn't like it, then oh well..but I LIKE IT!

McMary said...

I am so excited for you.
I know that everything will fall in place for you and meeting your daughter will make all this choas worthwhile.