Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Cottage

The front - I think this used to be some high official's house. I have to check on that.
Scott in the dining room enjoying some beer (not sure what it is - it has a sun on the label) and internet.
The kitchen, home of the forbidden washer.
View of living room/dining room from the kitchen.
Stairs and door to 1/2 bath

Upstairs bath - Kaz baths all seem so spacious.
Our room - very comfortable and roomy!
Another view of our room.
Me waving at Luca (and you too) in the living room.

Not shown: the second bedroom (we may have roommates arriving today) and the TV room all on the 2nd floor.

We have everything we need here thanks to the families who were here before us and the team here. We also have wireless!!!! We have added our contribution to the household - a french press - because coffee is oh so important.

We are very, very grateful!

9 comments:

Susan said...

wow! NICE DIGS!! it looks palatial to me!! very nice!

Roomies? as in another wpa family?
that is cool!

Tell Scott to try Baltica number 5...that is my favorite.

However, i have not been having them the past few days (well, i lied, i did have one yesterday) and my shorts were falling off today. Maybe I am losing weight cuz i cut back on my peva's...OR, its' because I don't have a dryer to dry my jean shorts to make them smaller. I pretty much wash these after i wear them once cuz they're baggy.

I just think i eat a lot less here usually...cuz the portions are smaller, but delicious!!!

LOVE THE PALACE you're in. VERY NICE!
and, most bathrooms are not huge...from the pics i've seen.
I agree with you..I did not expect anything fancy at all...(not that ours is fancy) but i was so impressed. Everything is infintely more wonderful than what I expected. :) I imagine that has to with a certain lil Leeza Grace...:)

Kim said...

Wow Angela - the cottage is fantastic. The bathroom we had was not even close to that size! You will certainly have no problem enjoying your time in Kaz. :)

Sandi said...

Wow your cottage is very palatial to say the least. Looks beautiful and the bathroom is gigantic.

I hope everything keeps moving along smoothly.

Sandi

Diana said...

Love the "home away from home". Sounds like you are enjoying your time!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Wow Angela & Scott....you have a very nice place.

Thanks for sharing the photos of where you are inside and out. I don't know, it's always fun to try to visualize where people are and to get a feel for what they're experiencing. Luca can see it through your eyes too :)

I agree, the French Press is very important!!! We're bringing one too.

Being comfortable will certainly help you enjoy your experience even more.

Eileen

Karen said...

Like Susan wrote, you're not living in a cottage, it's a palace. Wow—you can fit five families in there. LOL. Very nice.

marsrob said...

I was away for the weekend = just catching up now. SOOOO happy you are settled in and AlREADY bonding with Alia (close to Aila!)!!! JOY!!!

McMary said...

Just catching up and it is so exciting for you. Looks like you have a great place to stay and most of all you have a beautiful daughter! I love the name Alia.
Congrats.

Jennifer said...

You are the first person to ever wave hi to us (ok, Luca, but to us too)! I totally smiled when I saw that.

And I'm glad Scott already made the prerequisite purchase of beer. :-)

Very nice digs. As long as the washer works. (wink) (Does SBT read this?)