Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Update on "Suspension"

Herein Lies the Problem
WPA updated us on the claim that U.S. adoptions from Kazakhstan are suspended. It looks like the only Kazakhstan government official who has ceased adoptions is the Ambassador at the Kazakhstan Embassy in Washington D.C. This is a continuation of the problem with the processing of dossiers at the Embassy. The New York Consulate continues to review paperwork. However, the woman that does that is on vacation in Kazakhstan for 2 weeks.

STOP!
Our agency reported that the Ambassador has been instructed to curtail the number of dossiers processed. His solution has been to stop accepting and processing dossiers until he understands how everything works.

I'm am sorry if you are caught up in this. The "suspension" seems to only affect dossiers going through the Embassy in Washington D.C.

7 comments:

Susan said...

ugh, that really stinks, but not as bad as it orginally sounded.
When my agency and i were emailing back and forth yesterday, that's what they thought it was.
I just feel bad for the pap's caught up in that.

April said...

I'm sorry this is happening to anyone, but I'm glad to know that it doesn't affect you (right now, anyway) I hope your dossier gets through soon and I hope that the folks going through DC are moving forward again, soon, too.

Unknown said...

Another roller coaster ride in the process. I hope your dossier is processed through quickly, and that others won't have to wait to long during the "hold" in DC.

Kim said...

Up and down, up and down. What a bummer! I am happy that this does not affect you. Here's hoping your dossier is somewhere in Kaz!

Monica said...

It is awful for those affected. I do believe that you will be fine and out of the NY embassy soon! I also worry that the DC Kaz issue will make more ppl switching from China & Vietnam choose Kygyz and somehow that will slow us down because we're not even ready to turn in our dossier yet. *sigh - patience - peace*
Hopefully that DC embassy will sort things out QUICKLY!

Lori said...

I would love to continue to follow your blog after you go private. We are 1 of the current families waiting with our dossier at the Embassy. I hope your dossier moves to Kaz soon. My email is: lori_erickson@sbcglobal.net. Best of Luck.

McMary said...

Thanks for the invite to keep following you along.
This temporary suspension is a big bummer!