Thursday, March 27, 2008

HA HA HO HO HEE HEE

Kids are a little obsessive compulsive by nature. Every time Luca starts something that he has to do over and over again at the same time everyday, I tell myself "This too will pass." And, it usually does, except for ONE thing.

I have been singing the chorus to "Gena Hyena" every night for - oh - at least 6 months.

After the bath is taken, books read and kisses exchanged, master Luca goes to bed. But, there is just one more step to the day - just one more. He turns on a kids music CD that he listens to while falling asleep. When "Gena Hyena" starts he frantically runs out of his room and drags me back in to kneel next to his bed and sing the chorus. Have I mentioned that I am not a good singer?

HO HO HA HA HEE HEE eight times practically every night for at least the last 6 months.

Then, I am promptly cast out of the room feeling a little used and unappreciated ("The song's done now"). I dream of accidently sucking the CD into the vacuum or dropping it into the abyss behind the dresser never to be seen again. I know - what kind of mother am I? But, I have been slave to "Gena Hyena" for 1/2 a year and there is no end in sight.

Is that not long enough?

6 comments:

Susan said...

I was waiting for your news this mornign, but your post cracked me up.
We used to listen to this Dinosoar rap cd when Sean was Luca's age. I loved it. I think I liked the annoying music more than he did. HA!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I remember when my nephew was younger and would stay with me...he wanted to watch Jurassic Park over and over and over again. Sometimes when the movie ended..."Play it again Aunt Eileen." And I would :) Sometimes I'd even fall asleep while watching it.

The things we do for love!
Eileen

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow that photo is amazing.

I suppose this is something I have to look forward to. I think, in a way, as irritating as it can be, that it is an honor that he wants to share that experience and moment with you. Imagine how you'd feel if he decided to do it without you. Its a little family ritual that he gets pleasure out of.

I just had to be a Polly Anna.

Jennifer said...

OH. MY. GOSH. Between your photo and Suz's of the ruby slippers and green flash, I am wide awake and on my toes and ready to do battle with witches and fiercely wild creatures!

LOL!!

Luckily Gigi hasn't gotten into that yet... but! I know it's coming. It's started with the books sorta. "I've already read 'Harry the Dirty Dog' 11 times today! Harry is NO LONGER DIRTY!"

Kim said...

Yep - throw it away! LOL :)

I feel your pain. Noah likes this really annoying dinosaur song that he heard ONCE the other day and now is stuck!

qmiller said...

How funny! Love the pic and the image of your nightly chorus is precious. Unfortunatley, I am a slave to "Teeter totter, Teeter totter, up, and up, and down!"
Quaintance