Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring!

"A little madness in the Spring / Is wholesome even for the King."
-Emily Dickinson
"It is exciting today because we are going off to a far-away land to see grandma."
-Luca
Update
I don't have anything new to report about the adoption. Our dossier is still sitting at the Consulate - going on 3 1/2 months for translation & processing at the Consulate. The Consul is on vacation In Kazakhstan until the beginning of April, so maybe we will move on then. We still believe that the earliest we will go is August. I did sign on to teach a summer class during June just to tempt fate.
Privacy, Please
So, if there is no big news on the adoption front, why go private?
  • I want a little more freedom to write what I want to write. I am not some radical posing as a mother, but I did feel like I had to censor myself when the blog was open to all the planet.
  • And, all the planet included Kazakhstan. When I asked another PAP why she went private, she replied that her agency told her that her blog was being monitored and they told her to pull it. We don't have anything to hide, but I do not want anything I write to be misconstrued and negatively affect our adoption.

We still have months wait ahead of us. I appreciate that you check in from time to time. The support we receive from family and friends is invaluable. Truly. So, thanks for reading or commenting or both. It has been so awesome hearing from so many of you this past week. It makes us feel a lot less alone in this process.

Happy Birthday!

It's my Mom's birthday today. Happy birthday, Mom! We love you!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I can finally leave a comment! Lately when I try to leave comments on blogs I get an error message.

My fingers are crossed and I'm sending Kaz vibes for your dossier to GET OUT OF THE CONSULATE. I mean c'mon, it's time wouldn't you say? ;-)

Shannon

Susan said...

Happy birthday to your mom today. :)

Spring is here--tis a gorgeous sunny day today with no humidity..my very favorite time of year.

You know-you could be out of the consulate and fly thru the MFA an still be there before you know it. We flew thru the embassy (DC, believe it not, but that was last Sept/Oct) but got stuck at the MFA for 4 long months. You just never know....I still have no idea when we'll go...

I agree-the support from my fellow comrades is invaluable..especially the "unsolicicted cyber hugs"

xoxoxo
Happpy Easter to you!

Jennifer said...

You meant to tease me with that picture, right? :-) Love Luca's quote!

I was reading and thinking, "August? August?! But that's so far away!" Then I did the math and realized it's only 4 months! Ahh... And if we expect you to travel in August (my back of the envelope figure says I vote for that month too), then that means you may get THE CALL in mid June! I struggled with how time both seemed to fly and creep. I never could quite figure out the physics of that.

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite. We originally made our blog private because I was told that something I posted angered someone in Kazakhstan. It ended up just being the coordinator from the adoption agency, but it did have a negative effect for us as she made our 2nd trip much longer than it needed to be. I think privacy is best for adoption blogs.

Trudi said...

You are wise to close your blog - I learned all about that from Jennifer. I guess any excuse to delay....and you have had ENOUGH already. I am sure your invite is coming soon!

April said...

I'm hoping you get out of the consulate, too.

I also think going private was a prudent thing to do-one never knows how things can get twisted around and mess things up. Better to be safe...

Happy Spring!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Thank you for the invite! I'm looking forward to continuing on to view your adoption!

I send you good thoughts that things will move forward quicker than expected!!

Have a great Easter,
Eileen

Julie said...

Thanks you for the invite. I made it through the consulate quickly and have been at the MFA for 2 months now. I really hope we both move to the next step soon.
Julie

lisa said...

hi, I am at the consulate also , CHI told me that NY decided to stop processing also until this is resolved. Fun, right? What is your agency saying for time frame? Mine up to 2 years !

Michelle and Jeff said...

Thanks for the invite, it really made my day!! Our dossier is at the NY consulate last we had heard so we are in the same boat! I keep hoping that maybe ours squeaked out before they closed, but I have nothing to confirm that in anyway :O) I keep praying for this hold up to be VERY temporary! All we can do is wait! Thanks again,
Michelle

M said...

Thanks for the invite! :)
Sending hopeful thoughts for a speedy resolution and smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Meriah

Kim said...

Check in "from time to time" - more than that, you are one of my "favorites!" :) Good idea to go private. We did because of some whacko but thats a long story. :)

Have a great weekend!

Kim

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Angela,
Just had to stop by & check out your blog.

Happy Easter (tomorrow),
Eileen

Karen said...

Happy Easter and thanks for the invite. Going private is definitely the way to go. Is it true that you're still at the Consulate? (Sorry I'm way behind on my blogs.) Like Shannon, I'm sending you good Kaz vibes. It's time for things to move for you.

Monica said...

Thx for allowing me to read here. I am excited that compared to my timeline of just getting started now you WILL travel SOON!
August is soon.

and yep I went private really early just to be on the safe side

Happy Spring!
and Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!
:)
Monica

Diana said...

Hi,

Thanks for the invite. Sorry it took me so long to sign on. We're RVing across the US and the Internet has not always been the greatest.

Thanks Again

Di