Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm it!

Thank you, Catalina, for tagging me.

Rules: You have to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 strange/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here goes:

1. I had an assymetrical haircut in high school. I was WAY into the 80s.
2. I hate green peppers - HATE them. They ruin the whole, entire dish.
3. I am a vegetarian and I am a bit fanatical about food. For some reason, people used to think vegetarians loved green peppers and put them in everything. Thank goodness they discovered red peppers, which I can tolerate.
4. The Smiths was my favorite band late in high school and college - there has never been a more depressing musical group. Here are some lyrics from There Is a Light that Never Goes Out to prove it:
And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine
5. Today is my birthday - I am an Aquarius, a monkey and share my birthday with Oprah (!) and W.C. Fields.
6. When I was a kid, I followed the rules. When I was an adolescent, I didn't. Now, I get hives if I don't.
7. I watch a good amount of reality TV (What Not to Wear, The Real Housewives of Orange County, Survivor, specifically).
Bonus:
8. I got to know my husband in a college class that I skipped the first three weeks of. He still married me despite my occassional irresponsibility.

I will get back to you on the tags.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Happy birthday!!!! That song is really depressing-that is so funny. I only like raw green peppers, by themselves or in salads. :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have some great food tonight! I have a hard time picturing you with an asymmetrical hair cut! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hmm, Hair Bands vs. The Smiths. How can we be friends? ;-)

Regina said...

Happy Birthday to you!

We are pseudo-vegetarians too. And I loved The Smiths and The Cure and the Psychedelic Furs! I suspect we were cut from the same cloth!

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday!!!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy belated Birthday! Just found your blog. I love the picture of the stroller from a few posts ago. How cute?

Catalina said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday, at least we had a lot of fun with this game :). My husband is an Aquarius too, and I still do not understand why you Aquarius people hate green peppers. I learnt this lesson, and we never buy green peppers, but whenever we go to dinner, he is so funny when he asks for red peppers instead of green ones. To me, there is no difference, and but what can I say???

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy Birthday! AND congratson your dossier moving to the embassy - I didn't see that mentioned on your blog but I went to your timeline and there it was! THAT is great news! It will start happeneing now!