Thursday, January 17, 2008

News Flash

From our Agency:

"I wanted to follow up on my post the other day about the rumor that Kaz was closed due to missing post placement reports.

As suspected it is not true.

The truth is the Ministry of Education has requested representatives from all regional departments' of education to meet in Astana on January 25th to discuss post placement reports. No one can say exactly what they will say or do at this time, but this type of meeting and attention to missing reports, etc., has happened several times in the past, so it is not a new thing that is causing us concern.

We will let you know the outcome of the meeting after it takes place, but for now, the rumor that everything has stopped is false."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The internet can be such a valuable tool for information, but it sure can be a tool for spreading misinformation as well! I didn't put too much stock in that rumor when I saw it, and am happy to see your post that it's just that... "a rumor."

Rock on, Kaz girl.
Shannon

Catalina said...

Great, thanks a lot for the information! Shannon is so right (as always)we can not trust all the information on the internet.

Amy said...

I hate the fact that they are meeting though...just makes me worried that once again this will add more time to the wait - and hopefully does not result in a mass auditing of each regions info which would bring things to a crawl...even though right now crawl is what it feels like.

Matthew Ruley said...

Yeh on the translation being completed! You must be very excited.

Thanks for the info and like Amy, I hate the thought that his is even a possibility. I suppose at this moment, I cant' expect an LOI and to get there before Jan 25...