Sunday, April 27, 2008

Making Contrails

IN
Hey, look! Amy's back with Karina! And the Spykers were reunited with Nora. AND, the Kowalchuks returned to Canada with their son. That's three families who move to the "Home Sweet Home" list this week!

Matt and Suz are now the parents of Prince Eyeball and Princess Hairball. Karen and Glenn continue to bond with ZM.

OUT
Laura and Bob are flying out today. Shannon is headed back for her court date and so is Chris at the beginning of May.

WORKING ON OUT
Tracy and Butch received their I171H. Heidi and Terry are in translation. Marla and Joby's dossier is at the Consulate. Darlene and Dennis's dossier is at the MFA! Dan and Allison received their LOI.

Our dossier has been at the Consulate almost 70 days. Our coordinator has been on vacation. She returns tomorrow. Maybe we will hear that we moved on . . .

A Little Commentary
What a week! Pending legistation, fee increases, delays, a dossier rejected at the MOE (didn't think that was possible) . . . it is hard to remain positive! I have learned that adoptive parents are a tenacious (among many other really good things) bunch. This quote from Amy (mom of Karina) says it all, "Being a parent is just as hard as I imagined it would be but the neat thing is that it is even more wonderful than I ever imagined it would be."

I want to thank you all for the encouragement to keep going with the blog. If this were a Budweiser commercial, I would say (sheepishly), "I love you, Man." I was really frustrated that someone who I trusted with an invitation to this blog misrepresented what I wrote - to our agency, no less. I have no way of knowing exactly who it was and as time goes on, it matters less and less.

I would just ask that in the future, at the very least, make sure the information that you share is accurate. It would be even better if you contacted me with your concerns first.

P.S. I can't help but share a recipe recommendation. I made this this weekend and was reminded of how absoultely fantastic the recipe is. And, it is far from the tasteless, goopy Pasta Primavera I suffered through at many restaurants because it was the only vegetarian option. This is creamy, citrusy and herbal with some heat. This pasta shouts SPRING with peas, asparagus and morels (but, if you don't have morels, substitute any sauteed mushroom). It is a weekend dish - a little extra work, but well worth it.

10 comments:

Susan said...

ok, you had me at it SHOUTS spring.
But, I'm no Betty Crocker. I looked at the recipe, and it shouted "HARD WORK AND TIME" and I figured I could buy some watermelon if i needed some spring "shoutin". Heck, I live in Florida and it's getting hot, that's springy enough for this lazy cook.

Thanks for all the comings and goings. At least SOMEONE is getting some action round these parts!

And, "oh what a week" is right. It remind me of that song.."oh what a night...late December, back in 63, it was a very special time for me, what a lady, what a night"
Anyway, I digress.

We adoptive parents are indeed a tenacious bunch o folks. I happen to really LIKE US ALL! In fact, If I didn't have ya'll, i would want to sing that song..."You gotta know when hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away...know when to run"

At times, I feel like running-far far away, to Kaz, with no LOI, No Visa, and just bustin all those kids out and bringing em home.
But alas, I'm no outlaw, so, I won't.
That reminds me of another song. "I'm a criminal outlaw, half cherokeen chocktaw, my baby she's a chickaawaaa, she's one of a kind"

Love ya, mean, it, can't wait to hear that your dossier is in Kaz, where it outta be. :)

Angela said...

:), Susan. LOL! Love all the song references!

Tricia said...

Yes, what a week! Glad to hear that a few people are moving along. 70 days seems like a long time at the consulate, but I am preaching to the choir when I say that. Glad you continued your updates :) Tricia

Regina said...

We love you too, man. :-) It was a volatile week, but yes we ARE a tenacious bunch. And even stronger when we hold on to each other.

Thanks for the updates. That recipe sounds divine! Yum dinger.

dnd82001 said...

I'll take one from a commercial - we just keep on going & going & going like the little energizer bunny!!

It's all good & we are all going to get there no matter what it takes - highs, lows, hills & mountains!! Thankfully we all have each other for the support we need - we are very, very lucky on that end!!

Darlene

Patrick & Eileen said...

We find cooking to be a release and fun. We enjoy doing it together. The recipe sounds great. The only thing I would change would be no mushrooms - I don't like them :)

Good to see that you're not going to quit the blog - it's much too good to stop! I made sure that our coordinator had an invitation to our blog, not because of things could happen like they did to you. It's just another way for us to communicate with her and her with us. If she ever had a problem with something we wrote she would e-mail us private. So far so good though.

Eileen

Jennifer said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome recipe. I'll have to give it a whirl.

Here's hoping you get some good news from your coordinator!

And here's to a brand new week!

Kim said...

Nope, definitely can't make that recipe! I am with Susan - way to hard! :) Not to mention I hate cooking!

Kaz is definitely a different "beast" from when we were there. I give you all so much credit for being able to deal with the constant changes. You are all very brave and strong! Keep on keeping on!

Kim

Thad and Ann said...

Thanks for the invite. :) My heart goes out to all you that are waiting, Kaz is SO different then 1 1/2 yrs ago. I'm starting to think we won't be able to go back for #3.
Ok, I just smacked myself over the head to even think of starting paperwork for #3, my boy's keep me busy enough. ;)

Chris and Heather said...

How can there be no news about your dossier moving!? Mine can't move til yours does since you are more than a week ahead of me :-)
I am trying not to worry, but it is hard with no info from our agency.