Friday, April 11, 2008

Comings & Goings

Waiting patiently
We have not heard anything about our dossier moving out of the Consulate this week. The Consul was supposed to return from a vacation on 4/7. I did hear from another WPA client that their dossier and a few others should have been released this week (thanks, Kari!). I have been meaning to check the dates on our documents to anticipate any new we might need.

Comings
Suz and Matt continue to bond with Eyeball & Hairball. It sounds like things are going really well with the kids. They are so sweet and I am amazed how quickly they are picking up English. Childrens' minds never cease to amaze me. Amy is headed to Ust to pick up Karina! I can't wait to see them together and home for good. Karen and Bob are in Almaty finishing things up and getting ready to bring their son Garrett home after 50+ days in Kazakhstan.

New Faces
I added a link to the Morningstars blog. They are also with WPA and just finished their dossier. I also added Sheila and Chris - I am not sure how I came across them, but I love the song that they have on their blog. I may have to copy. They are working on their paperwork.

Almost done wading through the paper
Heidi and Terry finished their paperwork, but need to get a few new documents. So close!

Decisions, decisions!
A few weeks ago Sam switched from Kazakhstan to Ethiopia. She is flying through her paperwork! Jeremy and Amanda have also switched - they are exploring domestic adoption.

Goings!
It looks like Frank and Regina will be traveling in 3-4 weeks! Congratulations, guys! It has to feel so great (and crazy) to be close to travel! Eileen and Pat will also travel to meet their little girl next month! Mary found out her dossier is at the MOE! She is on the last leg of the wait. Also, check out what her nephew Luke told her - very sweet. Laura and Bob are waiting for their LOI. Their blog is going private, so let them know if you want an invitation. Chris and Trish have been given the go ahead to apply for their VISAs for Kazakhstan. They are slated to travel in May as well.

Reunited
Check out Gretchen and Chris's blog. There are photos of a reunion of families who adopted from Kazakhstan last summer. I get teary seeing all of those kids! They look so darned happy . . . and seeing them makes me long for Saskia even more.

If you haven't already, check out Two Hearts for Hope to see how you can support orphans in Kazakhstan.

13 comments:

dnd82001 said...

Thank you so much for the updates - we neeeded someone to pick up where Suz had to leave off & it's much appreciated!!

We heard from our agency that if our dossier didn't move this week (it did not) then it should certainly move next week - we are waiting & hoping it does.

Darlene

Regina said...

Yes, it does feel crazy to be this close to travel. So exciting and surreal!

Thanks for all the updates. I miss seeing them on Suzanne's blog and don't really have the time right now to do all the digging around.

I hope you hear good news on your dossier very soon!

McMary said...

I hope you hear news of your dossier moving soon!
Thanks for all the updates on everyone.

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the shout out! We had a blast with all the other families. I hope you get there soon!

Chris and Heather said...

Thanks for all the updates. I am glad some dossiers have left the consulate, even though ours hasn't. I was beginning to worry. Hopefully we will both hear that our dossiers are in Kaz soon!

Sam said...

Look at you! you are so cute with your little updates....its like the minutes from a big ol' adoption meeting!!!! and how do you get your pictures so big and nice on your page? i try and i try to copy you and i cant....thats what i get for copying i guess

Kim said...

Thank you for the plug of Two Hearts! :)

I always love your pictures.

Catalina said...

I love this post and the picture, it is so sweet! thank you for the updates. I hope everybody travels soon!

Joby and Marla said...

I just wanted to say, "Hi" & I hope your dossier gets some action & moves soon. Have you heard of any movement in Embassy?
Marla

marsrob said...

Thank you so much for the amazing updates! Just incredible...keeping up with everyone is so hard for us - so your post is appreciated!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I'm so glad you posted updates. Great to see what everyone is doing or if I forgot to check in on someone. Love hearing about new people in the process too. Thanks for doing that.

I hope that things move along for you!! I'll be checking in and hope to read good news about your dossier!

Eileen

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Hi Angela. Thanks for the invite -- it is great to be back on your blog! I missed you guys! :-) As you know, we are of to Ust-Kamenogorsk on Friday, where we will meet up with Matt and Suz. We feel so honored to meet them and their children! Feel free to reference our blog on your blog. As you know, it's www.ourkazakson.blogspot.com.

We are definitely going to try to stay up to date with our blog friends while we are traveling -- Suz and I will be fighting for the Internet space at The Shiny River. HA!

We'll be in touch, and we are continuing to cheer you along.

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Thanks for the thoughtfulness, humor and sensitivity of your blog. I wish you all the best and that you travel soon. Susan from Austin