Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dreaming of Suitcases


Burn the Suitcase
Karen & Bob are back home with their new son Garrett. Their return, not unlike their departure, was a challenge, but they are home safe and sound.

Getting closer!
Suz and Matt have completed their bonding with their two kids. They have court dates next week! I am amazed how well suited they are for one another. It is so inspiring to read about their daily adventures. Catalina's and Calin's 15 day waiting period is over. They will be back to pick up their kids in a matter of weeks! Shannon has a court date and Amy is in Almaty with Karina (they are scheduled to return next week)

Almost there (give 'em that big suitcase)
Karen and Glenn are leaving today and will join Suz & Matt in Ust. Karen has finally set up a blog! Now we can return the favor of all the comments she has shared with all of us. Laura and Bob have also received their LOI. They are expected in Kazakhstan by the end of the month. Also, Sherry and her family are leaving today. She is writing about her experience on Moms Miami. Sherry has also just published a children's book called Because You Are My Baby.

Working Towards the Big Suitcase
I added links to Tracy & Butch (working on paperwork) and Jamie & Catherine (waiting for LOI).

No news on our dossier. We did receive an "after you submit your dossier" letter from our agency this week that stated dossiers are typically at the Consulate for 60 days. We hit the 60 day mark, so maybe it will make it to the MFA soon. I have to admit that I had a serious case of the doubts yesterday. I was focused on the fact that we have the word "healthy" in our home study. It seems that is an issue for some. There are agencies that have instructed clients to remove this word from their home studies. We have not been instructed to do so. Have I told you that I hate the dark closet that the process of international adoption is? I really feel like we are groping in the dark. But, I guess I should stop groping!

Earthquake?!
We had an 5.2 EARTHQUAKE here last night! We are close to the New Madrid fault. The shaking house woke me up. Before I could get up to check on Luca, he came into our room and asked what the noise was. And, I said, "We must have had an earthquake" like it was a common occurrence.

Is Illinois the new California? Ha!

P.S. Check out the Bilbro's blog again this week. They have been matched for a domestic adoption! Congratulations!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things are shakin' in Angela-land ;-) Maybe it will shake things up to get your dossier moving!
Shannon

Susan said...

Yikes on the earthquake.
Thanks for the summary of what's shakin, bacon! I hope that we soon hear that your dossier, too, is in the wonder land of Kaz. :)

You're a good lil blog finder-Suz would be proud. :)

I love the suitcase picture too. You are good at finding good pictures.

Tricia said...

5.2 is a good one. I remember reading that some adoptive parents had about the same magnitude in Almaty. This is just preparing you :)

Regina said...

Whoa...shake it up baby! Earthquakes are a little scary! Charleston is actually located on a fault line and we're expected to get a big one in the next few decades.

Thanks for all the updates. Yes, Suzanne would be very proud! It's so exciting to see all the movement captured in one place. You rock for doing this. Well, you rocked already anyway!

Jennifer said...

So glad you guys are safe and well.

Where on earth do you find all those cool pics?! The one with a honkin' big suitcase is just something I would never have though would be out there. Very neat. Though I still have the hyena imprinted on my brain. That one was NOT fun. :-)

Laura said...

Earthquakes!! Yikes! I love how calmly you responded to Luca. Glad you guys are alright. That is one massive suitcase... talk about heavy baggage fees! You're so good at finding the best photos.

Gretchen said...

Earthquake! Yikes! Glad you are ok. Good luck to with your dossier. Hopefully since it made it this far...

Thanks too for the congrats. We are headed out today to meet the new little guy!

Tracy said...

Angela...

I felt the earthquake over here in Ohio. I woke up to my bed shaking and the Tv sounding like it is about to fall off the stand. I wondered who was shaking my bed. I thought it was my youngest daughter trying to wake me up!

I hope you hear great news soon. We are still waiting on the I-171H. That is it... ugh... please come this week!

Keep us informed on your movement.
Tracy