Monday, October 1, 2007

Okay . . . so I have lost my positive attitude

Can you help me find it under all this paperwork?
The last two months I have been amazingly positive. I have said things like, "Oh, this really is not that bad." And, "They really don't need that much. What they need makes perfect sense." And, "What is everyone complaining about?" You can all say "HA!" now. I guess now that it has gotten down to the wire I am panicking a bit. I have made multiple checklists, printed out a calendar, flipped through my 3-ring binder that holds our dossier about a million times . . . but the fact is, it isn't done!

What remains?
  • mortgage letter
  • medicals (my doctor does not have a notary in office so I have to try to locate a traveling one today)
  • i-171H
  • Then, Apostilling & copying everything

An amazing act of kindness

I have to say that I am completely touched by someone who has offered to take my documents to get Apostilled in Chicago. Someone I only know in cyberspace . . . but can you believe that? Isn't that the kindest, most generous offer?

Comments

The comments in response to my last post really did cheer me up this weekend. Thanks so much! And, when I saw Gia's little face I had to smile! If that isn't encouragement, I don't know what is!

So, I just had to vent . . . I have a plan for the week. I can only do what I can do, right?

4 comments:

Susan said...

ok, NO losing your positive attitude.
Take a deep breath-yes, you can do this. Think of the lil munchkin waiting for a family on the other side of the world..and smile.
You can SO do this. Sure, it's kind of a pain. And my mortgage company was NOT helpful in the least. And, we had to find new doctors. But, we did it. You can do it too. :)

There is plenty of encouragement from those of us who have "been there, done that", and yes, felt like, I can't do this. Everyone is being mean to me and this is impossible. I will never get Baby Kaz.
but then...YOU TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN!

You have worked so fast! You just got started, you can do this.
It's a test to make sure you really want this child. And, you do, so you will pass with flying colors.
CHIN UP!
YOU CAN DO IT.
Does your son have that book, the Little Engine that Could? We have it, but my son chewed a page out when he was little, but anyway, we still have it.
GO READ IT. :)

you can do it. :)
repeat

I can do this.
:)

Allison said...

Hang in there. You're in the home stretch now and the best is yet to come :-) Our two beautiful children are from Kaz and have been home for two years now. The paperwork is long forgotten and so it will be for you too. Take heart. You will make it :-)

Best wishes.

Sarah said...

Make copies now!!! Copy every thing as you get it because things get stapled on top. For us it was a county certification and THEN the apostille. It makes it very hard to copy what is under with things being stapled on top! This is some thing I learned during adoption #1 that really helped when doing adoption #2. Copy at every stage so that you don't have to fold back papers and worry about staples etc!!

Sarah

Jeannine said...

Angela.. Your picture of the office made me laugh-- it reminds me of what my "packing room" looks like!! But all the paper, all the packing-- it's not going to beat you.. We all have those days (I have had plenty of them lately, so I feel for you) but you shore yourself up and jump back in again, and before you know it, its done.. Like Susan said, take a deep breath.. And you move on to the next thing.. And when you finish the paperwork, you get to do the fun stuff-- like shopping :)!