Friday, October 26, 2007

Inching forward

Progress (at what feels like a snail's pace)
We received the mortgage letter with border on Tuesday. It is now at the Secretary of State's office with the other documents.
It is a wondrous sight, isn't it? All squiggly and border-like. We have about 10 letters from our mortgage company in the binder.

October 31 is my self-imposed deadline for submitting the dossier. I don't think we are going to make it because we still don't have the I171H. And, despite the fact that the Secretary of State has the new, improved mortgage letter, as of this morning, our Apostilles had not left the building. Sigh.

Gardener or Ghost?
On to much more entertaining news - our dear Luca told us he wanted to be a gardener when he grows up and for Halloween. Both Scott & I love to work outside, so I think that is so sweet. Kids do pay attention! But, as of last night, he said he wanted to be a ghost for Halloween. From gardener to ghost - the mind of a 4 year old is so very amazing.

Last year, he was an astronaut and we were his earth and moon.

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

marsrob said...

Hooray for the border! And now let's get that I-171H!!!! That halloween photo is SO GREAT!!!! Happy Halloween!

Amy said...

Hi Jen and Marshall:

I love the photo! What a great idea and so creative. Hey, just to let you know I was at the same place you are at not too long ago -I had finished up with everything in my dossier and it was sitting and waiting to go out. All I was waiting on was the 171-H. I mentioned this to my caseworker in an update and she told me to send it off to her and when the 171-H showed up to have it apostilled and sent on. That way they could start working on translating it right away. I had been sitting on it for about a week at that point so it could have gotten to her a week earlier if I had known...so you might want to call your caseworker and ask if you can send in your dossier if all you are waiting on is the 171-H. Good Luck!

Jennifer said...

How sweet! That was a great idea on the earth and moon.

Congratulations on getting a border! (Doesn't that sound funny?)

Kelly and Sne said...

Cute cute cute! And I hope you don't mind if I steal your cartoon for when the Kazakhstani government will be taking its own sweet time getting to our LOI. It is classic!

Sorry you are having trouble with the SOS (maybe there IS a double entendre in the acronym?). We had to get a couple of ILL apostilles as well as they took forever! Hopefully the USCIS will be much faster for you!

Kelly

Susan said...

HEY, Congrats on no longer being borderless. :)
love the earth and moon idea -that is too cute.

and, we had to wait a month and a half for our i-171h after our dossier was completed, so, we had everything else translated while we waited. That saved some time!

And, you could have your i-171h by next week-you just never know. Just think positive!
I hated waiting for that ONE last document-you just breathe a sigh of relief when you can send it all off. :)

We had dinner tonight with our friends and their 1 year old son. Since our son is 9, i had forgotten about 1 year olds. He was so cute, grabbing things all over the table. I Looked at my husband and said, WOW, we're going thru this again!! I CAN'T WAIT! :)

Sean is some kind of grim reaper for Halloween. I miss the days when he wanted to be cute things like a ghost or a gardener. :)
Last year he was Elvis-that was a big hit.