Thursday, July 10, 2008

Swimming in Paper

I am a few papers away from being done with grading for my summer class. WHEW! For motivation, I promised myself I could order a pair of sandals when I am done. Cute, huh? I wonder how they will hold up on the Steppes of Kazakhstan :).

It seems the theme for this month will be paper. Just to be safe, I am redoing a lot of our dossier. Most of it will be a year old in September and October. I was really dreading doing this, but when you've done it once, the second time around is much easier.

I started this blog a little less than a year ago. After our first home study visit, I felt confidant that this adoption from a country on the other side of the planet could actually happen, so I took the leap and put myself out there in virtual space.

I never imagined the kind of support and friendships it could bring me. A simple thank you seems inadequate - fireworks should explode, balloons should fall from the ceiling, confetti should fly through the air.

Perhaps, we can do all this when "Saskia" is home :).

12 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on getting through the summer class. Bummer to redo the dossier but better now then like a week before you travel. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we will celebrate BIG TIME when Saskia is home. And congratulations on the paper grading thing - one step closer!
Shannon

April said...

love love love the shoes. And yes, we will celebrate when Saskia comes home. And, thanks for the thanks, although it's not needed!

Susan said...

the shoes are way cute!!! I am bringing my fit flops....go check them out.......just google FIT FLOP...they tone your legs when you walk....actually, they are just so comfy I love them. :)

I am wearing my black patent weather ones now....in San Fran...they are fabulous.

I just redid my dossier and sent it off to be apostilled before we left for San Francisco. It's still a pain, but easier the 2nd time around.

And WE WILL BE ALL CELEBRATING WHEN SASKIA IS HOME!
I TELL people all the time...what would I do without my blogger friends!! I'd be lost. :)

(as I sit here on my aunt's computer on vacation in San Fran...)

Julie said...

I'm about 80% done with my dossier redo and travel docs. Just waiting for a few last clearances and to do my medical stuff. I am actually glad to be doing it as it is giving me something to do other than to wait for my LOI!
Julie

Patrick & Eileen said...

The shoes are very cute! We have to do our fingerprints over for USCIS and update our homestudy again....so we know what it's like to have to paperwork over again :(

Our blogging friends mean a lot to us as well :)

We like the name Saskia by the way!

Eileen

Joby and Marla said...

I hope one way you celebrate Saskia coming home is by vacationing on the Outer Banks next year.
Marla

Tricia said...

Make sure they are rugged sandals. They have to hold up to all of the uneven ground, broken glass, running from speeding cars, and miles and miles you will walk :) Good idea to update papers. Better to have them done at home than worry about it on the road. I will pop open a bottle of champagne when little Saskia comes home!!! And even through confetti :)

Alysa said...

Yep, those dossier updates are a pain, but as everyone says, better than last minute or from afar!

And I fully agree on the blogger friends. I had no idea when all this started that I would receive the kind of support I have from people I have never met or even talked to. Not sure how I would have made it this far without them! So, thank you too!!

Jennifer said...

Fireworks indeed. I had no idea that some of my very best friends would come from blog land.

Good luck with the second round of paperwork. It does seem easier.

Very cute shoes! They look perfect for Kaz! Stylish enough to fit in, but comfy enough to walk those long Kaz blocks.

Anonymous said...

It all puts you one step closer to Saskia...even the new snazzy sandals.

McMary said...

Congrats on your travel dates--I have to admit I am a little jealous but very happy for you!
You have been a great support to all us other bloggers also--especially in keeping us updated on each other--so thanks to you too.
Can't wait to read you post from Kaz.