Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A New Beginning

Alia and Luca on an historic election night
I can't think of a better event to take place during Alia's first week as a U.S. citizen. President-elect Barack Obama is living proof that the American Dream is alive and well. He and American voters have proven that anyone can succeed in this country regardless of race or ethnicity. This is the country I want to raise Alia and Luca in . . . this is the one. I haven't been able to say that for 8 years.

Pinch me again.

P.S. "First week home" post coming soon!

12 comments:

marsrob said...

What a joyous occasion! AND a beautiful photo! Wow, they look happy! We are so proud that Aila and Alia get to grow up and start their lives with a President Obama! WOOHOO. WOW.

Karen said...

My sentiments exactly. I'm so ready to turn the corner and start anew. I pray the world can forgive us, so that we can move forward and heal. (BTW great photo of the kiddos.)

Jennifer said...

Cute pic!

Diana Baumbach said...

Angela,

Although I've been quiet, I've been following along in your journey. I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family - Alia and Luca make a great team! It's fabulous seeing them together.

Diana

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow - congrats! What great photos!

Sandi said...

I couldn't agree more. This country is finally making a statement. I am so proud to be an American today.

i love the picture of the kids, they look so happy.

Sandi

Kim said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I feel the exact same way! The beginning of a brand new day! It feels awesome!

(Love the picture!)

Susan said...

such a cute photo!!! Alia looks so happy and so different already!

I keep checkin back for the first week post-Luca looks so BIG next to his lil sister!

Tracy said...

Looks like she is doing great. I hope you all are sleeping! I am so happy for you that Alia is home. You have both of your babys with you. YIPPIE!!!!

Tracy

Julie said...

Great picture!
Julie

Tricia said...

It is great to see a photo of the kids together. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

It is great isn't it? Here's to world peace and a wonderful future for Luca and Alia! Glad you are all doing well.