Monday, February 11, 2008

Your Time Is Up!

Kicked Out
We received an email from our coordinator today telling us that our dossier has been kicked out of the Consulate because one of the medical licenses is expired (1/31/2008). We won't get back in until it is replaced.

The Endless Cycle
If I was able to tell you this in person, you would detect a hint of fear underneath the smile plastered on my face - maybe you would see it in my eyes or hear a slight hitch in my voice.

"Kicked out"!

Who wants to be kicked out of the first place the dossier goes? Who wants to be kicked out of anywhere? Then, I start thinking about the documents expiring. Should I get some of them redone so that I can be ready to go when the rest start expiring? Isn't the whole dossier going to expire before we travel?

I have been pretty calm since we submitted our paperwork . . . now I am just the tiniest bit panicked.

Edited on 2/12/2008 to add: We don't exactly know where the doctor is, however. He is no longer with the practice he was with in the fall. All we have is a cell phone number. I guess the worst that can happen here is that Scott does the medicals all over again.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ahhh!!! I remember being freaked out. A similar thing happened to us. They wouldn't release the dossier to Kaz until we had the home study agency license updated. Whoa boy, I was zipping around town like nobody's business that day, and the apostilled license was in our coordinator's hands first thing the next morning! Thank you FedEx! Nevermind that Jim and I both lost almost a full day of work racing around on a document that probably didn't need to be there the very next day. I was freaked out though!

On a slightly disgruntled note, I'm surprised they didn't catch that sooner. After all, there is that lovely tracking sheet we have to fill out in excruciating detail of every date possible on every document in the dossier. Hmph!!

Here's hoping you get kicked back in quickly! And to the front of the line.

Susan said...

oh man, I'm sorry. That is stressful, I don't blame you.
Our original doctor's license also expired end of January, so that's why we couldn't use her. We had to find another doctor that had a later date of expiration.
We've just been told that wait will be much longer for a girl too. Of course, we never had a date to begin with, so, how much longer than WHAT?
I'm sure you can get your new doctors license done asap and apostilled and sent back off. It's a pain, but you can get it done.

Chin up. This is merely a minor minor blip in the radar.

KMartin said...

How disappointing!
We were told that you no longer have to worry about document expiration once the consulate approves them, so you should be very close to being beyond that worry!
-Erin

Anonymous said...

Oh, that stinks! Good luck - and I'm sure you're back at the head of the line (then you can breathe again ;-))
Shannon

Catalina said...

This must be so hard!! I hope you will be able to take care of it very soon! I did not check out the expiration date of my doctor`s license! As far as I remember our agency told us that all the documents should be available until the court date!

Angela said...

Bummer! Just when you think you are in the clear and so happy to get that dossier out of here, it creeps back up on you. Keep your chin up, it will get back on track and you'll have your daughter in your arms before you know it.

You just might be thankful for this little glitch when you meet her for the first time and know that she was there all along waiting on you.

Amy said...

Oh Angela how frustrating! Go get that document updated and get it out ASAP! Then ask your agency what other docs might expire and work on them. What a pain in the ***. I am sure it will all be fine - I had to redo documents too. It will be fine!

Kim Moorhead said...

Bummer! Sorry to hear about your medicals expiring...I've been there too before. I think we had them done 4 times for Darya!! I hope that you will get back into the Consulate ASAP after they are updated!