Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas with Grandma Jean & Grandan

Movies

I wanted to post, but don't have the time to write a proper one (too much time on Facebook . . . oh, and the holidays of course). Scott's mom came into town a few nights ago to give Christmas presents to us. I made this "movie" using Picasa - pretty cool, but I had problems uploading it to YouTube. I spent a few hours messing with that last night. I also love Picasa's touch-up tool . . . eliminate wrinkles and pimples in a flash!

There aren't a lot of photos of Alia because Luca was doing most of the gift opening while Alia looked on intently. It was pretty cute. Alia has had a very rough day or so. We think she has a tooth coming in that is really hurting her. Today, I thought I would take her for a long walk to the post office (it is 60 here). She cried the entire 50 minutes. It was like the night we went out to eat, but without the puking. There was gagging but no puking. I felt pretty inept. When Luca was that age and got upset, I nursed him . . . not an option now. Anyway, I hope that tooth comes through soon.

6 comments:

Susan said...

aww I love the video! Great music-that is Sean's favorite!!! Luca gets more handsome all the time-what a sweetie. It's a shame he doesn't get very many presents from his grandparents. :)

Sean was a thomas FREAK! I think we have every Thomas the tank movie...they're all vhs though. I liked Sir top em hat. :) His first bed was a train bed...he was a train freak. WE even drove to Mt. Dora to ride Thomas. Ahhh the memories. :)

I am glad he is having fun with Alia's toys too. Actually, so does Sean (with Leeza's)

I can relate to the teeth pain. Leeza had been super fussy and I coudln't figure out her deal...then i realize she was cutting 4 teeth-yes, 4 at one time.
She doesn't drool so its hard me to tell, until i was holding her upside down and she was laughing and I got a good look.

I gave her some children's tynenlol and that seemed to help a lot!

I hope your Christmas angel gets that tooth soon-it's no fun feeling inept to help your child in pain.

love the pics-very very sweet.

Great job on the movie!

ps. It's 9:43 and Leeza is still asleep...she likes to sleep in on Saturday's, apparently. :)

marsrob said...

The whole teething thing is really sad! I am so amazed that we all survive it - it is like torture! Our poor little ones!

I'll have to catch the video later - Aila is waking up!

xxoxoxo

Kim said...

Oh what a cool video! Noah came running in when he heard the music and said "OH LOOK MOM, HE GOT THE HORTON DVD!" :-)

I love the facebook widget! I am stealing your idea. :)

Trudi said...

definitely try Hyland's teething tablets (homeopathic) - you can get them at Whole Foods or health food stores and some pharmacies and grocery stores. Pink and blue box. DEFINITELY a life saver for a teething baby and parents!

Karen said...

Cool scooter Luca. You're such a big boy helping your baby sister open her presents. I think Luca favors Grandma Jean, don't you? Looks like you had a great Christmas.

The teething thing must be such a downer. Hopefully her tooth will poke through soon.

Merry Christmas Angela, Scott, Luca and Alia.

Catalina said...

Happy New Year! What a great video! I loved the day when they opened all the presents, but i was too busy with them and did not get to take any pictures! Luca looks so much like grandma!
Catalina