Friday, August 17, 2007

Where will Saskia come from?

See Kazakhstan? It is right there below Russia. Apparently, there is a documentary called "Long Way Round" featuring Ewan McGregor's (Star Wars fame) around the world motorcycle trip that includes a good amount of Kazakhstan. I have not seen it yet, but it sounds like a good introduction to the country.

I don't have a lot to report this week. We have an appointment to get our fingerprints done at the USCIS (U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service) a week from today. This is for our petition to adopt a foreign orphan (I-600A). I think the document basically gives us permission to conduct an international adoption. We have our home visit with our social worker scheduled for 2 weeks from today. That will be our last visit with her.

I am trying to wrap my brain around timing because when we submit all of our paperwork, nothing can be older than 3 months. We have to time the whole thing according to when we think we will receive the government documents, but we can't receive the government documents until we finish the home study and we can't finish the home study until we acquire some time senstive documents from our mortgage company, etc. Does your head hurt yet? Mine has for a few days! I would ask our social worker to clarify but I haven't even figured out what questions I need to ask! I think I need to map this whole thing out on paper. Maybe it will make sense then . . . or not!


No comments: