Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fingerprints

Both Scott and I have been fingerprinted 3 times - twice the old-fashioned way and once digitally. We went to USCIS in St. Louis Friday morning for the digital prints. I am trying to think of how to explain how odd all of this is. I'm not sure how to put it into words. Fingerprints; physicals; a home study, letters from our bank, mortgage company and employers; passports - I guess it is hard to see a baby at the end of all of this paperwork and travel. I know it happens. I look at others' blogs often to prove that to myself. I guess "surreal" is the best word to use to describe the process.

Scott received his passport today - the post office delivered it on Sunday. We received it in less than the month that was promised by the government. Perhaps this is a good omen. "So far so good" I keep telling myself.
We seem to be in a holding pattern otherwise . . . just waiting for the last home study visit in a little less than 2 weeks.
In non-adoption news, Scott and I started school last week and Luca starts Pre-K tomorrow. I am actually grateful for the structure school provides for all of us. It makes me much more efficient. I am, at the same time, sad to say good-bye to summer. I know that in a few years, Luca will be off doing activities or hanging out with his friends. I try to treasure every moment we have together. He seems really excited to be going back to school. This year he will be in Ms. Jackson's Star classroom. The fact that he will be a "star" (he was a frog last year) is reason enough for him to celebrate because, as you may know, he LOVES space.
We took him to a party last night and his conversation starter was to thrust a Ziploc bag full of Matchbox cars at whoever would talk to him and name each of the cars and say that "some of the cars are old and a few are new." He can be a little shy - it seems that props help!
Until next week . . .

No comments: